To say that Akira Nakai likes Porsches is the understatement of the century. As the founder of RWB, he has built an empire around restoring classic 911 models while giving them unprecedented power. His drift team RAUH-Welt (Rough World) began by pushing the limits of production cars. Once he got his hands on a classic Porsche, the rest is history. RWB cars are incredibly fast with tighter gaps than even the best new cars. Attention to detail is what drives him and his team, so it is only natural that it translates to timepieces. So we’re happy to announce that RWB and REC have unveiled 2 new watches.
Both are based on Nakai-San’s two favorite Porsches. Stella Artois was a testbed for a dozen years, making sure every part was perfect before a customer build. Rotana is their latest build, and the state-of-the-art in resto-modded 911s. Danish watchmakers REC have been working for over two years on this project.
- Diameter 46 mm (44 mm without body-kit)
- Height 14,4 mm
- Weight 118 g
- 3 Hands / Day / Date / Month / Power Reserve
- Quick Date Set
- Super-luminova C3 on hands (Premium yellow lume with the brightest glow)
- 4-Piece stainless and PVD-coated steel case with PVD-coated side panels
- 2 year full warranty
- 5 ATM, 50 meters
- Reference Miyota Premium Automatic cal. 9100 movement
- Type Mechanical, self-winding and/or hand winding
- Frequency 28,800 VPH (4.0 hz)
- Power reserve +40 hours
- Jewels 26
- 316L Stainless steel
- Top glass Sapphire Crystal with 3 layers of anti-reflective coating
- Stainless steel caseback with laser-engraving and deep etching
- Handcrafted metal dial cut directly from Akira Nakai-San’s two personal RWB Porsche 911’s:
- Stella Artois – 1985 Porsche (911) 930
- Rotana – 1995 Porsche (911) 993
- Premium, soft, black rubber strap (FKM, Fluorocarbon (Viton®), with debossed texture, RWB logos and quick-release system
- Strap Width 24mm
- Strap Length 127/75mm
Thomas Funder is the lead designer for REC Watches, and he says: “The extreme nature of Akira Nakai’s iconic RWB creations turn heads whereever you go. Whether you like them or not. You take a stand – these vehicles don’t go unnoticed. We wanted to incorporate the same visual aura to our Stella and Rotana timepiece to give them the same powerful presence on your wrist”.
Only 305 examples will be produced, with the final designs being unveiled on May 14th. Of course, we will be covering these closely, so click the button below to get in line and stay with us for all your RWB updates.