Presented by WatchBox
De Bethune DB28 “Kind of Gold” DB28BRUS
- 10-piece U.S. Limited Edition
- The 42.7mm diameter case is constructed of 18k rose gold with blued titanium, spring loaded, floating lugs that articulate with the wear’s wrist giving the timepiece one of the most comfortable
- Any scuffs or wear to the blued treatment can be re-treated back to like new blue
- The watch is equipped with a moon phase indicating sphere at 6 o’clock that is consisted of golden oxidized steel and palladium.
- The open balance incorporates 3 separate shock absorbent devices to help ensure the watch can be worn in a more sports inspired manner
- Clean, modern, futuristic in design, De Bethune is in a world of their own making fewer than 200 watches per year.
- Robert Downey Jr. is a huge fan of the brand and wore a De Bethune for the press release of The Avengers Endgame
The brand De Bethune as a whole makes some of the most impressive horological masterpieces one can acquire. They’re a perfect blend of watchmaking as an art form, technological advancements, and futuristic design. Very few watch brands dabble in the world of the unconventional, creating masterpieces that can blend in at times but also stand out from the crowd when needed. I would equate De Bethune, and the DB28 lineup as a whole, to being the equivalent of the Koenigsegg or Pagani of high horology watches. This brand is the hypercar of our incredible industry, which are not cheap by any means, but are are an incredible value when factoring what you’re getting for your money. This DB28 “Kind of Gold” is a timepiece that makes you feel like Tony Stark/Iron Man when you throw it on the wrist! The quality is out of this world, with everything being constructed entirely in-house by the brand.
H. Moser & Cie Streamliner Flyback Chronograph “Funky Blue” 6902-1201
- The brand makes fewer than 1,500 watches per year
- Case size is 42.3mm
- The watch captivates the spirit of the 70s/80s while still being a very modern timepiece, like a Porsche 911, the design may age but it never gets old
- Moser watches completely live up to the brand’s slogan of “Very Rare” while also bringing a modern, clean, and even sexy vibe with their pops of color. Their fumé dials that have a sunburst gradient effect that changes tones depending on how much light hits them
- Comfortable ergonomics, clean lines, sporty colors paired with an easy-to-use flyback chronograph makes this H. Moser & Cie Streamliner the perfect track day watch.
- 120m water resistance means you can go from the track to the pool/beach without having to worry about changing watches.
Moser is my personal favorite brand, mostly because of the dials, robust in-house manufactured movements, comfortable/well styled case designs…but also the people behind this brand really make H. Moser something special in a unique way. The CEO/Owner of H. Moser & Cie, Edouard (and also his brother) are at the forefront of the brand. He’s always responding to comments/questions on social media; event part of many watch collector FB groups where he actively participates with collectors & enthusiasts alike…how many brands’ CEO’s can you think of that’re this accessible without you spending millions and millions of dollars with them?
Richard Mille RM67-02
- Carbon fiber case construction, making these extremely lightweight and durable
- A brand that is car/racing inspired and had partnered with several brands including their latest collab with Ferrari.
The RM67-02 is a timepiece that (thanks to its modern/sleek design) makes sense paired with any supercar; from the likes of the McLaren 650R to that of the Lamborghini SVJ, the Audi R8 or even a Ferrari 488 Pista. The blend of dark tones from the carbon gives this timepiece an aggressive almost mean stance, like looking down the lines of an Huracan Evo, it comes across as very modern, clean, and sexy. It’s a watch that wears so incredibly well thanks to its lightweight carbon construction, tonneau shape and thin profile. Richard Mille also has a bunch of strap options for these pieces that gives the watch a more personal feel.
F.P. Journe Linesport Centigraphe Yellow Dial
- 44mm titanium case with a titanium and rubber bumper constructed bracelet for a sportier feel on the wrist.
- Movement is constructed of aluminum
- Lightweight and race inspired
- F.P. Journe makes fewer than 1,000 watches per year with many of their timepieces being highly sought after, this has led to their pre-owned prices growing as it becomes more difficult to get them new.
The F.P. Journe Linesport collection (as a whole) is my absolute favorite collection within the Journe catalogue. Because of their titanium construction (and aluminum movements) these watches are so light and comfortable on the wrist you could almost forget you’re wearing it…and they look oh so good behind the wheel! Whether you’re wearing your driving gloves while cruising in a classic British Racing Green Jaguar E-Type or aggressively downshifting with the paddles in an Ultra Violet Purple GT3 RS, these Linesport pieces are right at home! I decided to pick the yellow dial variant here because, not only is it my personal favorite because of that dial (which reminds me of Porsche Speed Yellow), but I also felt that this made for a more playful/sporty look that easily matches with any car.