At the urging of customers and in the spirit of innovation, Rolls-Royce has announced in a letter that they will be producing a new model.
The letter, published to Rolls-Royce’s media site today and, as Bloomberg reports, delivered yesterday in NYC by white gloved chauffeurs in Phantoms, confirms that the next step in the “renaissance of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars” is in the works, though there is no definite timeline for when this model will be unveiled. The signatures of Peter Schwarzenbauer, chairman of Rolls-Royce, and Torsten Mueller-Oetvoes, the company’s chief executive, sit at the letter’s end.
There were a few definite details the shared, stating, “Today we confirm that we are developing an all-new Rolls-Royce with exceptional presence, elegance and purpose:
- A car that offers the luxury of a Rolls-Royce in a vehicle that can cross any terrain
- A car that meets our customers’ highly mobile, contemporary lifestyle expectations
- A Rolls-Royce that is as much about the pioneering, adventurous spirit of Charles Rolls as it is about Sir Henry Royce’s dedication to engineering and innovation
- A car that appropriately reflects Rolls-Royce’s brand promise of effortless luxury
- A high-bodied car, with an all-new aluminium architecture
- A unique new motor car worthy of carrying the Spirit of Ecstasy into the future.”
(See Also: Rolls-Royce Shooting Brake Concept: For the Dogs)
Bloomberg’s article states that this is confirmation that Rolls-Royce is going to be releasing an SUV to compete with Bentley’s Bentayga, though the letter does not specifically use either “SUV” or “Sport Utility Vehicle.” It does, however, call back to the early days of the marque, closer to its founding 111 years ago, when Rolls-Royces transported yesteryear’s royalty through unexplored lands and rough terrain.
Be sure to stay with us for more updates from Rolls-Royce about this forecast SUV as it is released, and in the mean time, hit the button below to browse our listings from the British luxury manufacturer.
(Source: Rolls-Royce, Bloomberg)
[youtube id=”Ap9eROAo82U” align=”center” mode=”normal” autoplay=”no”]