You thought the Mercedes-Maybach S600 was luxurious? Then you ought to check out the new S650 Cabriolet, the first cabriolet from Mercedes-Maybach.
In a press release, Daimler detailed the topless luxury car which was unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show. They note that this car “embodies modern luxury and represents the design philosophy of Sensual Purity: it is both hot and cool at the same time.” Only 300 examples of the car will be created, with only 75 of them heading to the United States.
Daimler notes that in the U.S., these three exclusive configurations will be available:
- Zircon Red exterior paint with a Porcelain / Black interior, Piano Lacquer Flowing Lines trim and a black soft top
- Cote d’Azur Blue exterior paint with a Porcelain / Saddle Brown interior, Magnolia Nut Brown trim and a beige soft top
- designo Diamond White exterior paint with a Porcelain / Yacht Blue interior, Magnolia Nut Brown Flowing Lines trim and a dark blue soft topThe Mercedes-Maybach S650 Cabriolet is equipped as standard with an exclusive travel luggage set from MAYBACH – ICONS OF LUXURY. “THE AFFINITY” set comprises two large travel bags as well as two lifestyle bags made of original vehicle leather. In terms of form and color – which are coordinated with the interior variant selected by the customer – the bag set is tailored to match the Cabriolet. The bags can be securely attached to each other with straps to enable optimum use of the space in the trunk. Polished and chrome-plated “1 of 300” lettering serves to highlight the level of exclusivity. Supplied as standard: exclusive fabric cover and certificate
- Just like the vehicles from Mercedes-Maybach, the elegant items of luggage from the license partner MAYBACH – ICONS OF LUXURY GmbH meet high standards in terms of design, materials and manufacturing.
- Elegant items of luggage: color-coordinated to match the interior variant
As far as its engine goes, here’s the breakdown:
|Number of cylinders/arrangement||12/V|
|Rated output (hp)||612 @ 4,800-5,400|
|Rated torque (lb-ft)||738 @ 2,300-4,300|
|Top speed (mph)||155|
Pricing and release date information was not included in the press release.