Have a McLaren that you want to protect for over a decade? The English automaker has your back. Announced in a press release issued today, December 2, McLaren will now allow for their Extended Warranty to be renewed up until the car’s 12th birthday. This announcement comes after the fact that more than 3,000 McLaren vehicles have passed their third birthday. This change to the policy used to only cover the car up until its 7th birthday.
(Related – McLaren P14 Spied on the Road)
The McLaren Extended Warranty will cover a majority of factory-fitted components, giving customers peace of mind when daily driver their supercar. This warranty also comes with unlimited mileage cover, roadside assistance in certain markets and, ” in the event of claim, guaranteed use of McLaren Genuine Parts fitted by fully trained McLaren technicians.”
Carl Whipp, Aftersales Director at McLaren Automotive commented in the press release: “Owners want the reassurance that their car will still be looked after to the same standards with which it was built. And they want to continue to enjoy their McLaren without worry. Sometimes daily. It’s for them that we launched the Extended Warranty and now with this further enhancement to the coverage period, it will continue to give complete peace of mind … right up to the car’s 12th birthday.”
This is what items are specifically excluded from the McLaren Extended Warranty:
- General maintenance, scheduled servicing, and routine adjustments required by normal wear and tear and/or recommended by McLaren Automotive Limited, including any replacement parts and assemblies or other materials (including but not limited to, spark plugs, wiper blades, bulbs, filters, belts, coolant hoses, brake pads, lubricants, fluids, and filters) used in such services and adjustments
- Batteries, tires, wheels, wheel balancing or alignment
- Paintwork, trim and upholstery or the deterioration of any other part, assembly or component as a consequence of wear and tear or exposure to the elements
- After market accessories or non-original equipment, components and systems not installed by a McLaren Retailer are specifically excluded from the coverage
- Any damage caused to any components by the use of incorrect or contaminated fuel
- The renewal of any clutch component due to incorrect adjustment, misuse or general wear and tear
- Water Ingress
- Software upgrades (unless part of a valid repair).
Like this article? Scroll down to join the conversation, share with your friends on social media, and see more duPont REGISTRY Autofluence content like this.