A “super” auction is taking place on CharityBuzz.com, featuring a one-of-a-kind custom 2013 RAM 2500 Power Wagon truck designed for the movie “Man of Steel,” which was donated by RAM. This exact truck was parked on the red carpet at the movie’s NYC premiere, meaning this is a vehicle with actual celebrity status.
(See also: Maserati 450S to Auction for $7.5 Million)
The truck features various design elements based on the recent Superman movie, including:
- Custom exterior paint scheme with Man of Steel graphics and badges
- Custom Man of Steel GEONIC 3D mesh fabric insert with incorporated large logo (shield) on all seat uppers
- Center console lid custom wrap with pewter leather and custom Man of Steel GEONIC 3D mesh with integrated small logo (shield) and radar red deck seam
- Custom Man of Steel GEONIC 3D mesh fabric inserts and pewter leather bolster with square texture outer bolster accent and radar red accent stitching
- Man of Steel logo hard badge on dash and glove compartment
- Man of Steel screen backdrop and start-up screen
- Sport door with square texture vinyl
- 360 handle wrap and door insert
- Ram’s head embroidery in black on inboard/outboard side driver and passenger
As of today, the truck has a current bid of $47,500, but it has an estimated value of $112,674. Proceeds from the winning bid will support the LA Family Housing charity, which aids families’ transitions out of homelessness and poverty.
(Source: RAM, CharityBuzz)