Thanks to Motoring.com.au, we now know a lot more about the upcoming Aston Martin AM-RB 001 hypercar. Firstly, that won’t be it’s real name, as Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer says the car will have a “sexy” name.
Related Cars For Sale
As of now, the car will have a $4 million price tag, but if you’re looking to get one, you’re out of luck: it’s already sold out.
Here are the “fun bits” of information from the article in an easily digestible form:
- 1,000 kg weight
- Powered by a high-revving, naturally aspirated V12 engine (between 6 and 7 liters)
- The car we see is 95% of the final car
- The first prototypes will be on the road in 2017
- Deliveries in 2018
- Track version will be out after the road-going version
- Has “kind of a KERS system”
- Has direct steering
- Powered gullwing doors
- Seats are fixed, but the pedals and columns can be adjusted
- Have to crash test four cars
- Will have a riser system
- Construction consists of F1-technology carbons and Kevlar
- Top speed will be upwards of 250 mph
Be sure to check out the full interview to learn even more about the car.