Thanks to Motoring.com.au, we now know a lot more about the upcoming Aston Martin AM-RB 001 hypercar. Firstly, that won’t be it’s real name, as Aston Martin CEO Andy Palmer says the car will have a “sexy” name.
As of now, the car will have a $4 million price tag, but if you’re looking to get one, you’re out of luck: it’s already sold out.
Here are the “fun bits” of information from the article in an easily digestible form:
- 1,000 kg weight
- Powered by a high-revving, naturally aspirated V12 engine (between 6 and 7 liters)
- The car we see is 95% of the final car
- The first prototypes will be on the road in 2017
- Deliveries in 2018
- Track version will be out after the road-going version
- Has “kind of a KERS system”
- Has direct steering
- Powered gullwing doors
- Seats are fixed, but the pedals and columns can be adjusted
- Have to crash test four cars
- Will have a riser system
- Construction consists of F1-technology carbons and Kevlar
- Top speed will be upwards of 250 mph
Be sure to check out the full interview to learn even more about the car.
Like this article? Scroll down to join the conversation, share with your friends on social media, and see more duPont REGISTRY Autofluence content like this.