- When someone coughs in your vehicle, 3000+ droplets of germ-laden saliva, traveling up to 50 mph, are broadcast throughout its interior.
- Sneezes are worse, sending some 40,000 tiny droplets, which can remain afloat almost indefinitely, airborne at speeds over 200 mph.
- A sick person’s cough or sneeze can contain 200,000,000 individual virus particles and can infect others up to 10 feet away.
- Germs enter our bodies through our mouths, noses, eyes and breaks in our skin.
- About 75% of most common illnesses are spread by hands.
- Every 3 minutes, a child brings his or her hands to their nose or mouth.
While Alarming, it’s True:
The steering wheel of the average vehicle in America harbors NINE TIMES MORE harmful bacteria than the average public toilet seat!
Research reveals that the average public toilet seat hosts 80 germs per square inch, while the average steering wheel is home to over 700! That’s pretty frightening news considering that over 75% of infectious diseases are spread by hands touching every- day surfaces.
Scarier yet, the steering wheel is far from the most germ-ridden vehicle surface. Gear shift handles and trunks come in between 1500 – 2000 germs per square inch each. That is why Ferrari Long Island and Ferrari Fort Lauderdale have joined forces to fight the spread
Is Your Car Making You or Your Passengers Sick?
While any confined space that is frequented by people is prone to microbial activity, increased vehicle use, the popularity of ready-to-eat food and our habit of consuming it in our vehicles, as well as other lifestyle changes, have put drivers and passengers at greater risk of infection. And for motorists whose passengers include those with four legs, or someone who may be ill, wearing dirty shoes or dirty clothes, or even if that extra passenger is nothing more than a bag of trash from your last snack, the risks skyrocket.
Worse yet, there’s been little opportunity to improve this situation. While there is a wide range of upholstery, carpet and other surface cleaners on the market expressly formulated for automotive interiors, very few offer any microbial protection. And, even if they did, it would be all but impossible to thoroughly treat a passenger cabin’s many different areas, components and materials with them, let alone under its seats and dashboard or throughout its heating, air conditioning and ventilation system’s ductwork. Further, any disinfection provided would be very temporary, disappearing completely the instant the product dried....Until now.
A Safe Solution
PermaSafe is a state-of-the-art, Vehicle Disinfection and Long Term Microbial Control System and Surface Protectant engineered specifically for automotive use.
Effective on all interior surfaces, a PermaSafe System installation starts with an initial disinfection of your vehicle’s passenger cabin, air ventilation system and duct work, trunk and other cargo areas. Our proprietary, ecofriendly and EPA approved disinfectant eliminates over 99.9% of germs, bacteria, viruses, fungi, mold, mildew and other harmful microbes that can be hazardous to passenger health, while also removing allergens and odors.
Once clean, disinfected and deodorized, the spaces and surfaces are then blanketed with PermaSafe SHIELD our patented Permanent Antimicrobial Surface Protectant. While effective antimicrobials are not new, PermaSafe SHIELD’s ability to continuously eliminate and control microbes, and do so through a purely physical or “mechanical” process without the use of any harmful chemicals, is revolutionary.
The Science Behind PermaSafe
Conventional disinfectants and antimicrobials kill microbes by poisoning them with toxic chemicals. Even those that achieve results with nontoxic ingredients are designed to both act and dissipate quickly to avoid harm to humans and animals. Unfortunately, as soon as the disinfectant evaporates, so does its antimicrobial capabilities. Unlike other antimicrobials, PermaSafe SHIELD is non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-hazardous, odor-free, environmentally neutral, and can remain antimicrobial active for the life of the surface to which it’s applied.
Upon application, the patented antimicrobial agent in PermaSafe SHIELD chemically reacts with, and molecularly bonds to, the surface to which it is applied, becoming an integral and permanent part of that surface. As the coating dries, millions of microscopic antimicrobial “spike-like” appliances form and extend from the surface. These “spikes” are actually long chains of positively charged atoms, and represent a deadly dual-threat to microbes.
Once cured, the antimicrobial coating is invisible and completely harmless to humans, yet extraordinarily effective at eliminating harmful microorganisms. Because the cell walls of harmful microbes are negatively charged, they are drawn toward and pulled onto the positively charged antimicrobial spikes by electrostatic attraction. Destruction is instantaneous and complete as the antimicrobial spikes both rupture the microbes’ cell walls and “vaporizes” them by delivering a powerful electrostatic charge.
The Risk Factor Far Outweighs The Cost
- Americans contract a total of about 1 billion colds annually. And there’s no better place to catch one than in the confines of a car or truck. Like the flu, most colds are spread through contact with the droplets that are discharged when someone with a cold coughs or sneezes. While the infected party can reduce the virus’s airborne attack by covering their mouth when needed, their hands, and every surface they touch, can be just as dangerous … and costly.
- The average school-aged American child contracts 6 or more colds per year, resulting in more than 24 million lost school days nationwide every year.
- The average American adult contracts 2 – 4 colds per year, resulting in approximately 50 million lost workdays annually.
- Over 60 million cases of the common cold require medical attention each year in the U.S.
More than just a unique antimicrobial, PermaSafe SHIELD is also a highly durable surface protectant that repels liquids, making treated areas resistant to stains and easy to clean, while protecting interior upholstery, fabric and carpet from fading, degradation and discoloration. The PermaSafe System also effectively eliminates odors, such as those caused by bacteria, tobacco smoke, pet urine and other problem sources.
Available from Ferrari of Long Island & Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale, PermaSafe’s EPA approved products are applied with specialized “fogging” equipment that atomizes and propels them throughout a vehicle’s passenger cabin, heating and air conditioning ductwork and storage spaces, ensuring complete 360° coverage for every surface.