Ever since we were introduced to the 720S, we knew it would be one for the ages. Only the wisest among us knows when it is time to walk away, and go out on top. Such is the case with McLaren's latest Long Tail. Based on the 720S, the McLaren 765LT pricing and options have been revealed.
The saddest news was at the top of the press release: Only 765 examples will be offered to the world. Prospective owners in the U.S. will be treated to a litany of standard equipment:
- Louvered carbon fiber front fenders
- Quad-pipe full-titanium sports exhaust system
- Ultra-Lightweight 10-Spoke Forged Alloy Wheels with finished Platinum and secured with titanium wheel bolts
- McLaren Vehicle Lift
- Alcantara® LT interior trim
- Carbon Fibre Racing Seats or Power Adjust Heated Memory Sports Seats
- Carbon Fibre Exterior Upgrade Pack
- Carbon Fibre Primary Interior Components Pack
- MSO Defined Carbon Fibre Extended Shift Paddles
- A rear-view camera and parking sensors
- Power Adjust Steering Column
- McLaren-branded mats on the bare carbon floor
- McLaren 4-speaker or Bowers & Wilkins 12-speaker branded audio systems can be added at no additional cost
All of this can be yours for $358,000. It is a bargain compared to highly-optioned MSO examples of the 720S, which would cost $50,000 in additional upgrades. Even with the plush amenities, they were able to cut 176 lbs from the curb weight. Refinements in the tuning and exhaust have yielded an additional 45 horsepower and 22 lb-ft of torque. Our most pressing question remains: Will it shoot impressive flames? Our guess is yes, so stay with us for all your McLaren news.