Our friends at RM Sotheby's have a keen eye for procuring pristine automobiles. Auburn Park, Indiana is a perfect spot, as it is home to the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum. Their lots included muscle cars, exotics, and many examples of pre-war American icons. The most significant cars were from the Ed Meurer Collection.
Located in Detroit, his garages were full of over 90 classics and 250 examples of memorabilia. This included neon signs, gas pumps, and a truckload of new-old-stock car parts. Almost all items sold without reserve for almost $4 Million. Top sales of the event were capped by two 2005 Ford GTs, and the total sales for the auction were $16,664,242 thanks to a 90% sell-thru rate.
10. 2012 McLaren MP4-12C GT3
9. 1953 Chevrolet Corvette
8. 1971 Plymouth ‘Cuda Convertible
7. 1935 Packard Twelve Convertible Sedan by Rollston
6. 1923 Duesenberg Model A Sport Touring
5. 1931 Cadillac V-12 Phaeton
4. 1933 Chrysler CL Imperial Dual-Windshield Phaeton
3. 1970 DeTomaso Mangusta by Ghia
2. 2005 Ford GT
1. 2005 Ford GT
Tell us which car you would bid your bank account on in the comments below, and stay with us for all your RM Sotheby's coverageBrowse Luxury Cars For Sale