Supercars by the Sea is a new recurring meet of supercars enthusiasts at the Huntington State Beach every second Sunday of the month from 6:30am-9:00am. It has been developed with the input from of the City of Huntington Beach and the willingness of the state to allow growth in its 1,000+ space parking lot off the PCH. In only their second event, they nearly doubled their attendance with over 200 cars spanning from Ferrari’s to Porches and everything in between. SCbtB partnered with AMG SoCal Lounge to bring over 50 Mercedes-Benz AMG models, with 14 AMG Black Series to boost. The event is free, following the classic cars and coffee model, but it costs $15 to park and enter the park. The main impetus for the Black Series gathering was to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the CLK 63 AMG Black Series. It was the first Black Series AMG to be sold in the US, and it introduced Mercedes-Benz buyers to a new level of the power and style. AMG SoCal Lounge is one of the fastest growing clubs, and they work closely with AMG NorCal Lounge to offer exclusive events throughout the state.One of their ways to attract new members is a cruise from Huntington Beach to Paradise Cove in Malibu. This private seaside lunch was catered Mercedes-AMG, and provided a nice respite from the fast pace of life in Southern California. Such dedicated fans were quick to give us the beginning of Black Series sales history:
- SLK 55 Black Series - 100 produced (2006-2008), none distributed to the U.S., MSRP $125K.
- CLK 63 Black Series - 500 produced (2007-2009), 349 distributed to the U.S., MSRP $125K.
- SL 65 Black Series - 350 produced (2008-2011), 175 distributed to the U.S., MSRP $300K.
- C 63 Black Series - 800 produced (2011-2015), 150 distributed to the U.S., MSRP $125K.
- SLS Black Series - 150 produced (2013), 132 distributed to the U.S., MSRP $275K.