To unveil the new 2018 Land Rover Discovery, the English automaker put on one one heck of a stunt. Together with Bear Grylls, Sir Ben Ainslie, Zara Phillips and 5,805,846 LEGO bricks, the new Discovery was unveiled in a fashion unlike any other.
Crafted by the United Kingdom’s only LEGO Certified Professional, a job which many of us should be jealous of, the structure was modeled after the Tower Bridge. The multi-million LEGO brick structure beats out the previous record holder, which was crafted with 470,646 pieces. You can view the video of the event directly below.
As for those interested in learning more about the new Discovery, Land Rover laid out important information with “The Seven Wonders of Discovery” in their September 28 press release.
1. The Magnificent Seven: every seat is the best seat in the house
– Flexible interior provides seven full-sized adult seats, instantly configurable from your smartphone using the world-first remote Intelligent Seat Fold technology
2. A much-loved member of the family: keeping you safe for the last 27 years
– Semi-autonomous safety technology provides the family peace of mind
– Premium interior combines leading design with durable, high-quality materials and space for the whole family
3. King of the hill: unstoppable on all surfaces, all terrains and in all weathers
– Land Rover’s full-sized SUV architecture delivers world-beating all-terrain capability
– Lightweight aluminum construction saves 480kg, delivering enhanced efficiency and CO2 emissions from 159g/km*
– Super clean Ingenium family grows with adoption of 240PS, four-cylinder diesel engine with 500Nm of torque
– Towing king: best-in-class 3,500kg towing capacity** and semi-autonomous Advanced Tow Assist take the stress out of difficult reversing maneuvers
4. British creativity: designed with charm & sophistication loved by the world
– Design retains key Discovery family cues, adding optimized proportions and sophisticated surfaces
5. Storage addiction: discover the space for everything
– Up to 2,500-litres of luggage space and clever storage for 21st-century family essentials
6. Connects every generation: Ingenious features that make life easier
– Digital Discovery equipped with up to nine USB ports, six 12-volt charging points and an in-car 3G WiFi hotspot for up to eight devices
7. After the roads end: reaching threatened habitats and vulnerable people
– New Discovery will continue Land Rover’s work in humanitarian aid and conservation projects around the world[soliloquy id=”108758″]