Unveiled today in a press release from Mercedes-Benz is the all-new 2016 Mercedes-Maybach S600. This 214.6 inch long flagship car is full of everything you would expect from a car donning the “Maybach” badge.
Supplying the large luxury car with power is a V12 biturbo engine capable of creating 523 hp and 612 lb-ft of torque. While this engine is impressive, to say the least, it is most definitely not the highlight of the car, because this is where the interior takes the cake.
As expected from a Maybach, the new Mercedes-Maybach S600 has an interior that is more of a deluxe lounge than simply a place to sit. In the rear are two standard-fit executive seats that can be reclined for maximum comfort. These seats feature various levels of adjustment. When in the “chauffeur position,” the rear seat occupant on the passenger side has an extra 3 inches of footroom when compared to a normal front passenger seat at its furthest forward position.
An optional Executive Rear Seat Package PLUS gives the rear occupants a center tunnel equipped with thermo cup holders. Additionally, the center console can be fitted with two tables for those who work on the move.
And for those who will be working in the Mercedes-Maybach S600, you will be delighted to know that this car is one of the quietest production sedans ever created. The insulation, seals and structure of the car itself were all designed with aeroacoustics considered. The result is a whisper-quiet cabin that allows passengers to enjoy themselves in peace.
Being an exclusive car, the new Mercedes-Maybach S600 has a slew of standard and optional equipment that fits the needs of any owner.
Standard Equipment Highlights
- LED Ambient Lighting with seven colors, five dimming levels and four different dimming zones
- Touchpad for the COMAND System
- Air Balance Package: fragrance, ionization and filtration of the cabin’s air
- Burmester Surround Sound System
- Magic Vision Control
- Cillision Prevention Assist Plus
Optional Equipment Highlights
- Energizing Massage Function
- Rear Seat Package: Rear seatbelt airbags, PRE-SAFE Rear, 4-Zone Climate Control, Electronically adjustable right-rear footrest, front passenger seat moves forward and additional 77 mm
- Warmth & Comfort Package: Heated steering wheel, heated front/rear armrests, heated & active ventilated rear seats, power rear seats, memory rear seats, rear heated seats
- Magic Body Control: The car’s camera scans the road and adjusts the damping of the suspension automatically to accommodate the road ahead
- Active Parking Assist with the Semi-automatic curbside parking function
Mercedes is setting the Maybach S600 to compete against the likes of the BMW 7 Series, Audi A8 and Lexus LS. Its cost will be, according to the press release, “around $200k,” and the car itself will launch in April 2015.
(Image and News Source: Mercedes-Benz)
Like this article? Scroll down to join the conversation, share with your friends on social media, and see more duPont REGISTRY Autofluence content like this.