Since the Sept. 13 release of the Mercedes-Benz GLA at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the manufacturer has seen a lot of attention. After the unveiling they began learning of the high demand from consumers who were eager to get their hands on one of their own. Now, that excitement is being brought to a new level of frenzy with an exclusive version of the crossover, the GLA Edition 1 model.
“With the new GLA we are opening up the compact SUV segment for Mercedes-Benz,” said Ola Källenius, a Member of the Divisional Board Mercedes‑Benz Cars Marketing & Sales in an Oct. 25 press release.
He continued to say, “The GLA adds a new emotional variant to the comprehensive SUV range from Mercedes-Benz with which we aim to win over numerous new customers to our brand. Our exclusive Edition 1 is a particularly alluring proposition to boost the market launch.”
The Edition 1 is made special through a new trim package, which boasts a more refined, highly detailed look for the GLA. The package improves details inside the SUV, from the sport pedals to the aluminum trim and black roof liner. The design of the Edition 1 is meant to create a new, more emotional look for the future of Mercedes-Benz SUVs.
The interior of the Edition 1 holds the style that makes the crossover unique, and it continues to the exterior. Features include chrome roof rails, black painted mirrors, a waste line black trim and much more.
We look forward to seeing what else the future of Mercedes-Benz SUVs will have in store, and hope to see new special editions in their line-ups. The Edition 1 will hit the markets at the end of November and will be available for purchase for exactly one year after its initial launch.
For the full press release, see the tab below.
Following the successful world premiere of the Mercedes-Benz GLA at the IAA in Frankfurt, many customers are already eagerly anticipating the launch of the new compact SUV from Mercedes-Benz. Now the anticipation is being cranked up a notch to an even higher level. This is because at the time of the market launch in March 2014 there will also be an exclusive Edition 1 variant. It will be available to order from the end of November for approximately one year after market launch.
- seats which are only available in the Edition 1 upholstered in nut brown leather and Alvorada fabric with striking moccasin stitching
- 3-spoke multifunction sports steering wheel in leather, with perforated grip area and flattened bottom section
- sports pedals in brushed stainless steel with rubber studs
- aluminium trim with trapezoidal grain
- air vents with nozzle ring and cross element in silver chrome
- cover over the stowage compartment in the centre console
- cord floor mats with stitching in the appointments colour
- black roof liner and
- Light and Sight package (single-tone ambient lighting; illumination of the stowage compartment in the centre console; illuminated make-up mirror for driver and front passenger; illuminated front door sill panels with Mercedes lettering; front and rear footwell lighting; interior mirror with additional lighting; rear lighting with integral reading lamps and locator lighting; windscreen wipers with rain sensor, courtesy and warning lights for driver and front passenger doors).