The inaugural Extreme E will start up this April with the Desert X Prix in AlUla, Saudi Arabia. It’s here that electric off-road vehicles will take on the remote location in an epic race. Now, the race will be joined by Chip Ganassi Racing who have joined the series alongside GMC. This multi-year sponsorship by GMC will have CCG’s 550 horsepower electric SUV to the races featuring a grille, graphics and bodywork that was inspired by the new HUMMER EV. If you haven’t seen it, LeBron James showed off his HUMMER EV in a walkaround video.
“It’s truly an honor to represent GMC, especially during such an exciting time in auto racing,” said Chip Ganassi, CGR team owner. “The new GMC HUMMER EV is going to be a game changer in terms of how the world views off-road EV capability, and we couldn’t be more proud to represent GMC in such an innovative new series.”
Season 1 Calendar
- Desert X Prix: AlUla, Saudi Arabia: April 3-4, 2021
- Ocean X Prix: Lac Rose, Senegal: May 29-30, 2021
- Arctic X Prix: Kangerlussuaq, Greenland: Aug. 28-29, 2021
- Amazon X Prix: Para, Brazil: Oct. 23-24, 2021
- Glacier X Prix: Patagonia, Argentina: Dec. 11-12, 2021