To sit between the Ford Mustang GT Performance Pack and the GT350 is the new GT Performance Pack Level 2. How did the Performance Pack get a level up? A dedicated team Mustang engineers and specialists put in extra hours for the development of the new upgrade to ensure it exhilarates drivers with an incredibly responsive experience.
“A passion to create something special is what really drove this project,” said Tom Barnes, Mustang vehicle engineering manager. “And that really showed in the off-the-clock way we went about doing our work.”
Coming with the Performance Pack Level 2 are all of the upgrades found in the Level 1 pack – chassis and anti-lock brake tuning, electric power-assisted steering, Brembo six-piston front brake calipers with larger rotors, k-brace, larger radiator, silver strut tower brace, “unique” stability control and a TORSEN rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio. As for the new features, those include:
- New front splitter
- New rear spoiler
- 305/30/R19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires
- Split-fitment aluminum wheels (19×10.5-inch front and 19×11-inch rear)
- Custom-tuned MagnaRide dampers
- 67 percent stiffer rear stabilizer bar
- 12 percent stiffer front stabilizer bar
- 20 percent stiffer front springs
- 13 percent stiffer rear springs
The new GT Performance Pack Level 2 will be available for 2018 models and will be available exclusively with a manual transmission. Price has not been revealed yet.