RM Sotheby’s just held their Arizona auction which was their first live event of 2021. If you needed a sign that live auctions are back in a big way, this event is that sign. With over $35 million in sales and a 90% sell-through rate, their Arizona event was more than a success. Held at the OTTO Car Club in Scottsdale, the sales were led by a historic 1955 Jaguar D-Type which sold for a staggering $6 million. There was also a modern hypercar in the top three sales, a McLaren Speedtail. The sale of this Speedtail was being watched closely by many as it was the first of its kind to be auctioned and it managed to garner a hammer price of $3,277,500. You can view the rest of the top 10 sales down below. Each sales price does include the buyer’s premium. Be on the lookout for RM Sotheby’s next event, their Paris sale, on February 13.
1. 1955 Jaguar D-Type
2. 1937 Bugatti Type 57SC Tourer by Corsica
3. 2020 McLaren Speedtail
4. 1954 Ferrari 375 America Coupe by Vignale
5. 1956 Ferrari 250 GT Alloy Coupe by Boano
6. 1957 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Roadster
7. 2019 McLaren Senna
8. 1932 Cadillac V-16 Convertible Coupe by Fisher
9. 2019 Ford GT ‘Lightweight’
10. 1933 Packard Twelve Individual Custom Convertible Sedan by Dietrich
duPont REGISTRY DAILY is the ultimate digital media source for connecting both buyers and sellers through compelling content, detailed updates and news from the world of luxury, focusing on automobiles and lifestyle.