If this weekend was a preview of the year, RM Sotheby’s has found a recipe for success. They have been a fixture in our magazine and our website for years, so we’re happy to show you the top 10 sales from their Arizona auction.
10. 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona NART Spider (CHASSIS NO. 14299)
Sold for $670,500
9. 1968 Ferrari 330 GTC (CHASSIS NO. 11517)
Sold for $687,000
8. 2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package
Sold for $885,000
7. 1930 Cadillac V-16 Sport Phaeton by Fleetwood
Sold for $940,000
6. 2017 Ferrari F12tdf
Sold for $1,006,000
5. 1956 Bentley S1 Continental Drophead Coupe
Sold for $1,077,500
4. 1948 Tucker 48 (CHASSIS NO. 1040)
Sold for $1,600,000
3. 1967 Ferrari 330 GTS (CHASSIS NO. 10773)
Sold for $2,012,500
2. 1958 BMW 507 Roadster Series II (CHASSIS NO. 70157)
Sold for $2,175,000
And finally, the top honors go to the car that exemplifies the modern supercar. The Ferrari 288 GTO was a street legal race car that Enzo intended to sell to Group B racers. Lessons learned influenced the development of the F40, and the rest is history.
1. 1985 Ferrari 288 GTO
Sold for $3,360,000
Total sales from the 17th to the 18th are just over $37,000,000. This was thanks to an 85% sell-through rate along with several record prices. Tell us which one you would bid on in the comments below and stay with us for all your RM Sotheby’s coverage.