$57.4 million in sales.
Mecum Auctions’ annual Daytime Auction at Monterey proved to be their most successful event during the popular Monterey Car Week ever. Since 2009, Mecum has been holding this event, but the 2021 edition was a smashing success. During the course of the three-day auction, 519 vehicles crossed the auction blog with a sell-through rate of 80 percent and total sales reaching $57.4 million. A great example of just how incredible the results are has to be the top ten sales from the event because each lot sold for over $1 million. To further cement the success, Mecum auctioned off 2022 Acura NSX Type S VIN 001 for $1.1 million and it didn’t even crack the top ten sales.
Top 10 Mecum Auctions Monterey 2021 Sales
- 2014 Ferrari LaFerrari (Lot S75) at $3,410,000
- 1967 Shelby 427 ‘Semi Competition’ Cobra (Lot S92) at $2,860,000
- 2004 Ford Shelby Cobra Concept (Lot S105) at $2,640,000
- 1966 Ferrari 275 GTB/6C Long Nose (Lot S78) at $2,640,000
- 1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Sedan (Lot F49) at $2,365,000
- 1965 Ferrari 500 Superfast (Lot S112) at $1,875,000
- 1963 Ferrari 250 GT Lusso Berlinetta Scaglietti (Lot S110) at $1,760,000
- 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder Weissach (Lot S97) at $1,595,000
- 1965 Shelby GT350R Fastback (Lot S102) at $1,265,000
- 2004 Porsche Carrera GT (Lot S69) at $1,210,000
Source: Mecum Auctions