On Feb. 27 and 28, Jim Rogers’ classic car collection was auctioned off by Mecum Auctions.
For those who unfamiliar with Rogers, he was a philanthropist who gave an estimated $4 for every $10 he earned. His donations to educational institutions reached $275 million, making him Time magazine’s top 12 philanthropists in the nation.
(See Also: SCG 003 Unveiled by Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus)
In June 2014, Rogers passed away leaving behind a charitable legacy and a 230+ car collection. Rogers was an avid car collector who not only owned the cars, but knew them inside and out. And, after his passing, it was decided that his collection would go up for sale, with all proceeds benefiting The Rogers Foundation- a charity that aims to better the lives of K-12 students and artists in Southern Nevada through art and education grants and scholarships.
Now that the auction has ended, it’s time to look back and see the top 10 results, courtesy of Mecum.com.
10. 1953 Oldsmobile Fiesta Convertible
9. 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible
8. 1995 Rolls-Royce Corniche IV
7. 1953 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible
6. 2007 Rolls-Royce Phantom Sedan
5. 2009 Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe
4. 1956 Dual-Ghia Convertible
3. 1953 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
2. 2010 Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe
1. 1962 Rolls-Royce Mulliner Drophead Coupe
(Source: Mecum Auctions)