The Rich Kids of Instagram (hashtag RKOI) “have more money than you do and this is what they do,” according to the owner of the Tumblr blog (richkidsofinstagram.tumblr.com), and a leisurely scroll through a daily selection of Instagram photos indicates that they do it rather well.
Instagram, for the uneducated, is the wildly popular iPhone (and now Android) app developed by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, that allows users to apply digital filters to give their photos a trendy vintage look and then upload them to the Instagram site as well as many other social networking outlets. It has proved to be a boon for rich kids especially, who want to show proof of their lavish lifestyles to friends and now, thanks to RKOI, the world.
What do rich kids spend their lavish allowances on? Cars, caviar, bling, booze, vacations, extravagant club outings, and gold-plating almost every toy they own. But not everyone sharing Instagrams on their Facebook pages is wielding a Prada bag stuffed with mommy and daddy’s plastic; there are young entrepreneurs as well and they are all vying for a spot on RKOI. The blog has become so
well known that its creators have had to field requests for feature spots on the blog, which they decline, and even Hollywood casting directors are keeping an eye on it for potential new stars of the next big reality TV show.
If one item seems prominent among the toys of these rich and sometimes famous teens and twenty-somethings, however, it’s cars. More than anything else, rich kids love their cars, whether it’s the pair of Range Rovers as sixteenth birthday gifts or the room that shows off daddy’s collection, the Rich Kids of Instagram site is happy to give us a peek at what rich kids are driving – and saying – about their rides.
1. Two officers admiring his Lamborghini Gallardo.
2. Your new car? You’re not sure?
3. Oh the lucky guy who sold the two Range Rover Sports that day.
4. He pulls off the poor waif look nicely. Too bad the car gives him away.
5. Eat your fruits and vegetables, son; you’ll grow up strong. You’re already rich so you’re ahead of the game.
6. Matte purple is the new black.
7. “The future will show whether my foresight is as accurate now as it has proved heretofore.” – Nikola Tesla
8. I don’t always drive a Bentley, but when I do, I make sure to get my bling on.
9. Everybody to Whole Foods! We’re out of tofu and designer water!
duPont REGISTRY DAILY is the ultimate digital media source for connecting both buyers and sellers through compelling content, detailed updates and news from the world of luxury, focusing on automobiles and lifestyle.