Somehow they did it again. For an encore performance in Glendale, Mecum was the hottest auction in Arizona. Seeing a 14% increase over last year's event, they achieveved an 86% sell-through for $42.3 million dollars. This much action compressed into three days kept us glued to the live stream, and it is nice to see classics and exotics bringing impressive numbers.
Big-block Corvettes are always worth a small fortune, but the L88 can't be cloned like the tri-power cars. Being a factory race car and having its original engine pushed the bids into record-setting territory. Other familiar faces include the Boss 429 Mustang and an SLS AMG, but we haven't seen a 550 Barchetta Pininfarina for a while. The Steve Todhunter collection drew bids from around the world, so we invite you to join us in Houston on the weekend of April 8-10.
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 Coupe (Lot S122.1) at $2,695,000
- 2016 Ferrari F12tdf (Lot S105) at $880,000
- 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO (Lot S103) at $720,500
- 2006 Saleen S7 Twin Turbo (Lot S109) at $605,000
- 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS 2.7 (Lot F123) at $495,000
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series (Lot S101) at $451,000
- 2001 Ferrari 550 Barchetta Pininfarina (Lot S106) at $440,000
- 2019 Porsche 911 Speedster (Lot F104) at $440,000
- 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback (Lot S114) at $385,000
- 2018 Mercedes-Benz G550 Brabus Edition (Lot S220) at $379,500
Images (C) Mecum Auctions