Elon Musk and Tesla Motors will be formally unveiling their new Model 3 soon and the promise of an electric sedan under $40,000 will bring many new buyers to the brand. If you have been biding your time, waiting for a good deal on an electric car, your time may be now. Tesla’s first sedan has been a qualified success, and now the early adopters are trading them in before the new car launches. We had the opportunity to store 28 examples of the Model S before the Tampa store was finished, so after a quick office poll we have 10 reasons why you should consider one for yourself.[youtube id=”sQuJ8GKTjFM” align=”center” mode=”normal” autoplay=”no” maxwidth=”750″]
- Sound of Silence: Unlike the Fisker Karma, Model S has no silly external noise generators. Invoking the accelerator produces almost no audible response. Thanks to well-placed insulation, interior noise is almost nonexistent.
- Six Pack: Four adults can be seated comfortably in the large sedan, but unbeknownst to many are two rear facing child seats behind the second row. Because every road trip requires a competent tail gunner, the little ones will be safe & entertained.
- Superchargers: Sadly forced induction is not an option, but Tesla’s network of high voltage charging stations are strategically placed along the interstate system. A 100% charge in under 2 hours will keep you on schedule.
- Innovative Interface: A high resolution 17″ touch screen controls most vehicle operations. Straight out of Silicon Valley, controls of the Model S are the most intuitive we have seen.
- Ludicrous Mode: The P90 D version of the Model S is equipped with electric motors on the front and rear axles. This allows an all wheel drive launch capable of taking your breath away. Sixty mph arrives under 3 seconds, which is on-par with the fastest cars in the world.
- Real Time Updates: Tesla’s engineers are always at work, refining the car’s operating system and monitoring the health of their children. Each Model S communicates to headquarters via a built-in 4G LTE antenna.
- Build Quality: From paint to leather, the quality of materials found in the Model S is far superior to many luxury brands.
- Proven Technology: Contrary to what you have heard, Model S was not their first car. Tesla’s Roadster was a learning experience that paved the way for building a reliable sedan. Production for 2015 was over 50,000 cars, outpacing many major automakers.
- Camaraderie: Tesla owners have built a community unto themselves, with gatherings and events nationwide. If you consider the combined air pollution generated at a typical Cars & Coffee, take comfort in knowing that carbon neutral car clubs are the way of the future.
- Oil: Aside from gasoline, your Model S will not require engine oil, or fluids for the transmission & differential. Not only are fluids expensive, production and disposal are harmful to the earth.
We are rapidly approaching an era where every manufacturer will have an electric car in their lineup. The Model S sent everyone back to the drawing board, and it will be interesting to see how the competition responds. If the thought of buying a new Tesla is too shocking, our dealers have several pre-owned models to choose from. Stay tuned to Autofluence for the launch of the Model 3, and all your electric car news.