Everyone is aware that Top Gear as we know it has come to an end. This comes after Jeremy Clarkson’s physical dispute with a show producer, which was considered a fireable offense. But, the other two co-hosts of the world’s most popular automotive show, James May and Richard Hammond, are in the news as they prepare to auction off their classic bike collections at Bonhams’ Stafford Sale on April 26.
“Just because I’m unemployed now doesn’t mean I have to get rid of everything,” said May in a press release issued by Bonhams. “I was going to sell these bikes anyway. And those paintings, and my collection of Scalextric cars. Honest.”
There will be a total of 12 motorcycles from both May and Hammond, ranging from a 1970 Triton 500cc ‘Cafe Racer’, to a 2010 Norton Commando 961SE.
“As a serious collector of motorcycles, it’s important to review one’s stable regularly, and the Bonhams Stafford sale is the ideal opportunity to move bikes on and possibly acquire new ones,” said Hammond in the press release. “I also have a canoe, and some Wharfedale hi-fi speakers, if anyone’s interested.”
Below is the list of motorcycles that will be auctioned off and their approximated values.
The property of James May:
- Lot 326: 1974 Yamaha 49cc FS1-E – £2,000-2,400
- Lot 327: 1976 Suzuki AP50 E – £2,000-2,400
- Lot 328: 1980 Ossa 250cc MAR Trials Motorcycle – £1,200-1,500
- Lot 329: 1979 Suzuki TS250 – £800-1,200
- Lot 330: 1973 Honda CD175 – £1,400-1,800
- Lot 331: 1975 Honda CB200 – £1,500-1,800
- Lot 332: 1971 Kawasaki 250cc A1 Samurai – £5,000-6,000
- Lot 333: 2010 Yamaha SR400 ‘Grievous Angel’ by Deus Ex Machina – £8,000-12,000
The property of Richard Hammond:
- Lot 334: 1977 Honda GL1000 Gold Wing – £4,000-6,000
- Lot 335: 2010 Norton Commando 961SE – £14,500-18,500
- Lot 336: 1970 Triton 500cc ‘Café Racer’ – £6,500-8,500
- Lot 337: 1975 Yamaha 49cc FS1-E – £2,500-3,500
(Image and News Source: Bonhams)
Like this article? Scroll down to join the conversation, share with your friends on social media, and see more duPont REGISTRY Autofluence content like this.