A rising tide raises all ships, and Bugatti is celebrating a year of records. Auction results from Gooding & Company along with Bonhams have surprised us, as the five most expensive cars have come from a single manufacturer. A press release from Bugatti gives extensive history on each car, so here are the highlights:
- 1934 Type 59 Sports: Sold at Gooding & Company London for $12,681,000
- 1937 Type 57S Atalante: Sold at Gooding & Company London for EUR 10,440,000
- 1932 Bugatti Type 55 Super Sport Roadster Sold at Bonhams Amelia Island for $7,100,000
- 1928 Bugatti Type 35C Grand Prix Sold at Gooding & Company London for $ 5,230,000
- 1931 Bugatti Type 55 SuperSport Sold in Paris for $5,070,000
Like all Bugatti for sale, each car has a story that could make an Oscar-winning screenplay. The story of yours starts with a blank page and a French supercar, so click the button to find your Bugatti. If you have been wondering what makes modern examples so coveted by collectors, check out the Bugatti Chiron price and specs.
Images (C) Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S.