Walk into any Chevrolet or GMC dealer and you can leave with a great truck. Because the 6.2-liter V8 shares 99% of its parts with the C7 Corvette and the Camaro, you will have 420 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. While these are fine in a car, modern trucks are twice the weight that a standard cab pickup we grew up with. With all the safety, luxury, and connectivity, they could use a bit more power. My 68 Chevy C10 short bed had no options, and it was fast, even by modern standards. To achieve that level in a new truck, John Hennessey and his team have worked their magic under the hood.
Once the intake and valve covers are off, the tiny stock camshaft is tossed in the scrap pile. In its place is a new cam ground to a unique specification. It retains stock drivability while making use of incredible boost. Also in the trash can is the intake manifold, replaced by a 2.9-liter supercharger. It has a dedicated cooling circuit with a heat exchanger added in front of the radiator. All of this is covered by their 3-year 36k warranty.
If you want to go all-out, the optional upgrades are:
GOLIATH OFF-ROAD STAGE 1 PACKAGE
• GOLIATH Front Bumper
• 5 LED Lights in Front Bumper
• 20 inch Hennessey 10-Spoke Wheels
• 35 inch Toyo Off-Road Tires
• 6” Lift Kit (*depends on trim level)
• Hennessey & GOLIATH Exterior Graphics
• Professional Installation
• 3 year / 36,000 Mile Limited Warranty
• GOLIATH Diamond Stitched Interior
• GOLIATH Ram Air Hood
• Brembo Front Brake Upgrade
• Stainless Steel Cat-back Exhaust System
• GOLIATH Rear Bumper
• Retractable Electronic Bed Cover
• Upgraded Electronic Fold Out Steps
To see how a Goliath compares to a stock Silverado, turn up the sound and get ready for the action. Click the button below to learn more and stay with us for all your Hennessey Performance news.