One of the greatest pleasures in motoring is having a cockpit that is open to the sky. Here at duPont REGISTRY headquarters, summer is in full swing. As some parts of America is cleaning up from the last big winter storm, we have compiled our favorite convertibles that will make you long for a top-down cruise
10. Rolls-Royce Dawn: Luxury is always a necessity in a convertible and the Dawn is filled to the brim with it. In the Dawn you’ll have one of the classiest drop-top drives.
9. Ferrari California T: One of the few convertibles that looks just as stunning with its top in place, Ferrari’s entry-level model packs a twin-turbo V8 along with Pininfarina styling.
8. Corvette Z06: The first Z06 strong enough to be offered as a convertible has a stiffer frame than last generation’s hard top.
7. Ferrari 488 Spider: More torque than the F12 Berlinetta with the same retractable hard top that we loved in the 458.
6. Lamborghini Huracan Spyder: Along with the new Audi R8 Spyder, these two offer the best of both worlds by blending Quattro AWD with an angry naturally aspirated V10
5. Mercedes-AMG C63 S Cabriolet: The nimble and sleek C class utilizes a twin turbo 4.0L V8 to produce 503 hp and 516 lb-ft of torque. Who would have guessed they would offer the power of an AMG GT S in a drop top?
4. Porsche 911 Targa 4S: With a roof operation that is downright mesmerizing, the 3.8L flat-six delivers 400 hp to all corners through a seven-speed manual transmission.
3. Aston Martin Vanquish Volante: The only hand-built convertible packs a smooth V12 in a throwback to traditional coach building.
2. BMW M6 Convertible: The ultimate driving machine loses none of its precision with the top down. A 4.4L twin-turbo V8 sends 560 hp to an active rear differential.
1. Lamborghini Aventador SV Roadster: What happens when you take Lamborghini”s most powerful car and drop its top? You end up with one of the most thrilling open-air experiences available today.
Bonus. LaFerrari Spider (Coming Soon): Ok this one is unattainable unless Ferrari chooses you, but it would be nice to drive one of the world’s most exclusive cars.