In a press release issued by the automaker today, Mercedes-Benz launched the latest addition to their range of special protection models: the new S600 Guard. This is the first vehicle to have been certificated for the highest ballistic protection in resistance class VR9.
When designing this new model, Mercedes made sure that there are no weak spots. At the bodyshell stage, protective components of special steel are integrated into the cavities between the body structure and outer skin. Additional splinter protection is added through special aramide and PE components.
Additionally, all glass areas on the S600 Guard have been coated with polycarbonate on the inside for splinter protection.
These measures not only ensure protection from ballistics, they also provide great protection from explosive devices. Occupants of the S600 Guard are effectively protected from a splintering explosive charge fired at close range on either side.
With all of this protection, the weight of the car has, naturally, increased. Handling the weight is an AIRMATIC suspension and a powerful V12 engine that produces 530 hp and 612 lb-ft of torque.
For more information, please read the press release located below the gallery.
- The Chauffeur package, which has a chauffeur position for the front passenger seat, EASY ADJUST luxury head restraints for the driver and front passenger, folding and removable on the front passenger side, and footrests electrically extendable on the front passenger side.
- The Executive seat in the rear on the front passenger side has a legrest and cushionbag.
- The Rear Seat Comfort package includes multicontour outer rear seats, seat heating Plus and now also the ENERGIZING massage function.
- The Rear PRE-SAFE® package with illuminated belt buckle extenders, PRE-SAFE® belt tensioners and beltbags for the outer rear seats, assisted closing for the doors and boot lid.
- The First-Class rear suite with a continuous Business console transforms the rear into a mobile office with two individual seats.
- Business telephony in the rear features a handset with touchscreen and a separate hands-free zone in the rear.
- The Warmth Comfort package pleasantly warms all surfaces with which the passengers come into contact.
- The AIR-BALANCE package, including ionisation, improved air filtering and fragrancing.
- Night View Assist Plus
- LED Intelligent Light System
- 360° camera
- opaque roller blinds all-round in the rear
- heated windscreen and side windows
- easily operated panic alarm system
- fire extinguisher system with automatic activation
- emergency fresh air system protecting occupants from the ingress of smoke or irritant gases
- hydraulic power for the heavy side windows
- gimbal LED reading lamps in the rear
- special cooling compartment in the rear