According to a March 5 article on TopGear.com, the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT will not only be released this year, but it will also be downright drop-dead-gorgeous.
With the SLS AMG now out of production, Mercedes is looking to add a new sportscar to the lineup and we know this car will be called the AMG GT. Mercedes-Benz also expects the AMG GT to rival the iconic Porsche 911.
While the Top Gear team was out at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show, they had the chance to speak with two major figures in Mercedes-Benz’s infrastructure. The first was AMG chief Tobias Moers. Moers dropped a few notes about the AMG GT, which can be found below:
- Moers states that the AMG GT’s engine will be a sophisticated masterpiece
- He hinted at it being powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8
- It will definitely not be supercharged
- The AMG GT will not have AMG’s four-wheel drive system
- Manual will not be an option
- There will be a Black Series AMG GT
The other figurehead Top Gear had the chance to chat with was Mercedes-Benz’s chief designer Gordon Wagener. He noted that the car will not have the same features as the Vision GT(pictured above), but it will feature the same “language.” Wagener was also on the record as saying that the AMG GT will be the most beautiful car he and his team have ever designed. What’s more, the AMG GT’s design is finished and it will be unveiled later this year, hitting showroom floors next year.
(Source: Top Gear)