By: Chris Garrison
This article originally appeared on ChrisGarrisonPhotography.com.
I originally shot cars when I was coming up as a photographer, and I have been wanting to shoot them more and more recently. When approached to do a #BTS video about some of the commercial shots I was involved with last year I really wanted to show what I do with the Westcott Icelight. Over the course of the project planning in grew into involving two of the best crews I could ever imagine working with!
The Dupont Registry has always been the dream magazine I look at as far as I can remember. The crew at AlreadyBeenChewed.tv is the future of commercial photography as far as I am concerned! With cooperation of both Dupont and AlreadyBeenChewed they have allowed me to create one of my favorite photos I have ever taken.
The process of shooting is actually pretty straight forward and required minimal equipment. For the main shoot of the car. The equipment used was:
- Nikon D800 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only)
- Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.4G Wide-Angle Lens
- CamRanger Wireless camera iPhone / iPad cameras remote Control Transmitter for Select Canon and Nikon DSLR Cameras
- Induro Carbon 8X CT314 Tripod
- Kupo Master 40″ C Stand with Sliding Leg (Chrome Plated)
- Apple 16GB iPad Air (Wi-Fi Only, Space Gray)
- Westcott Ice Light
- Westcott SkyLux LED Light
- Westcott Strip Softbox with Silver Interior (12×36″)