While there are many replicas out there, this is the real deal. Eleanor, the modified 1967 Ford Mustang, driven by Nicholas Cage in the movie Gone in 60 Seconds is up for auction at the Dana Mecum’s 26th Original Spring Classic 2013. Its expected to go for around $400,000 – $600,000.
This car, serial number 7R02C179710, was used movie close-ups, posters and promotional material. Built by Cinema Vehicle Services, it launched a whole new trend in Resto Modding.
Here are the brief highlights on the car:
– Hero Car used in Touchstone Pictures “Gone in 60 Seconds”
– Nicholas Cage’s primary beauty car used for close ups
– Featured in all movie poster and promotional efforts
– VIN: 7R02C179710, built by Cinema Vehicle Services
– This car started the “GT500 Eleanor” epidemic
– Presented in movie-used condition with minor touch ups
– 351/400 HP Ford crate motor, 4-speed manual
– Power steering and brakes, Go-Baby-Go shifter button
– Lowered suspension, coilovers, PIAA driving lights
– Schmidt 8×17″ wheels, Goodyear F1 tires
– Equipped with nitrous but not functional
– Custom body kit with new fender flares, side skirts with exhaust outlets, trunk lid and hood
– Part of a private collection since filming