Last weekend, the 23rd annual Cinema Against AIDs gala took place, aimed at raising money for amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research. The star-studded event featured attendees like Leonardo DiCaprio, Milla Jovovich, Kevin Spacey, Helen Mirren, Katy Perry and many more. One special guest, Lap Elkann, President of Italia Independent and grandson of Fiat Chairman, Gianni Agnelli , attended and even donated his customized Ferrari 458 that sports a wicked camouflage color scheme.
This one-off Ferrari has been altered from the inside out, making it a real one-off Italian sports car. According to a press release from amfAR, the car sold for an astonishing $1.1 million, which would go on to benefit the charities.
Other big ticket items sold at the event included
- A week’s getaway on a 70-meter superyacht ($575,000)
- Exclusive Moët & Chandon MCIII Wine Cellar, featuring 23 magnum bottles of MCIII wine ($100,000)
- Five Andy Warhol Polaroid prints ($160,000)
- “Wild Carved Panther,” a sculpture by Richard Orlinksi ($400,000)
- “Ensō: Memento Mori Red,” a painting by Takashi Murakami ($450,000)
- “VOLU,” a contemporary dining pavilion designed by Zaha Hadid ($1.3 million)
Once the event had ended, money raised for the charities amounted to over $25 million.