Unveiled in a press release issued today is the new Bentley Mulsanne Speed. Bentley announced in the release that they are redefining the “fastest ultra-luxury driving experience in the world with a new pinnacle flagship.”
Propelling the Mulsanne Speed is Bentley’s 6.73 liter twin-turbo V8 engine capable of producing 530 hp and a massive 811 lb-ft of torque. With these figures, the Mulsanne Speed has an added 25 hp and 59 lb-ft torque over the base model. The press release states that this new model will accelerate from 0-60 mph in just 4.8 seconds (.3 seconds quicker than base) and will top out at 190 mph (6 mph faster than base).
Aside from the drivetrain upgrades, the Mulsanne Speed also has a number of new visual cues, both inside and out. The exterior features stainless steel matrix grilles applied with a dark tint finish, tinted headlights and taillights, twin rifled tailpipes and more. Bentley is also offering four new exterior paint colors for the Mulsanne speed. Below are the new color offerings and their description from the press release:
- Spectre: Seemingly black at first glance, heavy gold metallic and a hint of green result in a rich tone inspired by reptilian skin.
- Candy Red: A rich and deep liquid red.
- Camel: Reminiscent of golden sands, Camel has a bright metallic highlight with a butterscotch mid-tone.
- Marlin: A rich blue with a hint of green, inspired by the shade of deep ocean waters and with a metallic shimmer.
Bentley also allows customers to choose from a standard paint range that includes 25 shades and an optional range that includes more than 100 colors. There is also a paint-matching service that is available upon request.
(Must Read: Porsche Exclusive Cayenne S in Palladium Metallic)
Inside, the Bentley Mulsanne Speed is just as luxurious as you’d expect it to be. However, the Mulliner Driving Specification interior features have been equipped as standard and include:
- Diamond quilted hide door panels and seats
- Indented hide headlining
- Embroidered Bentley emblems on all seats
- A coined finish to interior door handles
- Knurling on the sports gear lever and “organ stop” ventilation controls
- Drilled alloy sports foot pedals
Just as with the exterior paint, customers have a wide array of interior color options. There are 24 different hide colors to choose from, six different color splits and ten different veneers. These include the new nude color “Camel” and a new veneer, “Tamo Ash”.
Bentley is planning on unveiling the Mulsanne Speed to the masses at the Paris Motor Show on Oct. 2 and it will be available for customer delivery this winter.